Kade, Jesalee, Jade, Ty, and Zoe

Kade, Jesalee, Jade, Ty, and Zoe

Monday, January 24, 2011

Jade

Jade Smith, Payton Smith (neighbor), and Shelby Smith (cousin). They are all in the same preschool class together. When I pick them all up from preschool I just have to say "I am here for all the Smith girls." I love this picture for a couple of reasons. 1, it is just cute. 2, It is my daughter that never has her hair fixed. I try I really do, but a picture later in this post will show you why I don't. And, 3, you can see my daughters creative touch to her wall in the background. She taped up pieces of scrapbook paper and ribbon, and will not let me take it down because it is "beautiful." But the evil mother that I am I secretly take 1 or 2 down each time I am in her room and I throw them away (there use to be a lot more).
Jade and Shelby love to dress up when they are together, even if it is just in pj's.

This is the picture I was talking about earlier. Kade made me put barretts in her hair before church. She cried and said she didn't like them because they make her look like a boy. I wouldn't have pushed it (I am a softie), but Kade told her she had to. As Kade was loading the car Jade pulled me aside and said "Mom, this day is the worst day I ever had." Let's hope so sweetheart, let's hope so. FYI - The barrets came out about 20 minutes into church, shocker.

Jade finally had someone that would dress up with her. Amy Andersen.
Jade's friend Addison has a dog that just had puppies. After we went and visited them the other day Jade wanted to come home and play puppies. Jade made herself a bed and put all her puppies up to her and pretended to nurse them. Weird, but cute huh?
Jade is starting to learn how to use my camera.
Jami was sick the other day so we invited Paige and Austin to come over and play. Jade begged to go outside and swim in the pool. I told her it was a little too cold (understatement), but she told me I could just pour hot water into it. We decided to compromise on them putting on bathing suits and getting in the tub.
I saved the best for last. At church a few Sundays ago they were learning about eternal families in Primary. They gave the kids a piece of paper and asked them to draw their eternal family. This is the picture that Jade drew "a turtle family."

Another quick story. Jade was doing "A" dish, and while she was drying it she said "Mom, I want to be a mom someday, but not right now because it is really hard." The right word to use here is VALIDATION. I thought that Jade was really understanding how much I do for her.
Later though she reminded me that she might not know what she is saying because she told me "mom, you have lots of dirty teeth. They look orange." I am hoping that this is one of those moments where she mixes up her colors, like maybe with pearly white?
How I love it when kids make me laugh!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!! I needed a laugh! You have a wonderful family Jesalee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can sympathize with you about the hair thing. Patrick is always saying Ayden's hair looks scruffy but whats the point in holding her down against her will for it to look cute for a mere 2 sec before it is ripped to shreds! its a lost cause and why do the husbands even care?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are growing up too fast! They are so adorable! Morgan would never let me do her hair and now all of a sudden she wants ponytails and braids and stuff... Just wait until Jade hits 2nd grade. (And I LOVE the eternal turtle family! Made me smile.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought Kade looked like a turtle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Turtle Family! I love it.

    Kimberly tells me she looks like a boy when I pull her bangs back. She is just so cute with her hair out of her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right - that is a great post & the pix are wonderful. I need to remember the cute things Shelby says - especially on days like today when their Dad put them to bed last night at 9:30pm. It was an ugly day for everyone.

    ReplyDelete