Kade, Jesalee, Jade, Ty, and Zoe

Kade, Jesalee, Jade, Ty, and Zoe

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Putty

So we had to put Putty down on the 6th of July. He had hurt his back the week before, and we tried some dugs, but they just didn't work. It is a very sad time for me since we have had him for so long. We got Putty when Kade and I had only been married for one year. He has been such wonderful member of our family. He was kind to all of our kids and even helped entertain them sometimes. He cleaned up our kichen floor on a daily basis (I have cleaned the floor more in the past few days then I have the entire time we have lived in this house...that's over 3 years). He always alerted me when someone was at our door, which wasn't always a good thing. My favorite thing about Putty, and most dogs, is how excited he always was to see me. He would roll over and just shake in excitement. I remember sometimes crying and Putty would just lay down beside me and I will definitely miss that. I wish he were here right now since I am crying again just thinking about him. Those who know how attached I was to Putty might wonder how I am doing, and would have to say okay. I cried so much for his last week with us that I didn't have anymore tears left. During the day I am so busy that I don't have time to think about it, but it is at night when I start thinking about him that the tears start back up. Kade has been very patient dealing with his emotionally and physically drained wife. I also apologize to family for my not so happy attitude over the 4th and also to my friend Kimberly who I forgot her birthday...sorry. For someone like myself who hates writing I can't believe how long this is, sorry again. Just know I loved my dog Putty, he will be sorely missed, and he can never be replaced. I will always remember him.


He was of course the cutest puppy.

I love this picture of him by the hydrant.
He loved my Grandpa Bill,


and Kade's Grandma Amuma

This is Putty and his brother Zeus.
Putty and his sister Tinkerbell.


Putty had found this donut in the trash can.

Putty loved being by the wood burning stove where we use to rent.




We couldn't have asked for a better friend!!!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet post. I remember when we had to put our lab, Jasper, down. I wasn't even that close to him (mom got him when I was 16 so I was away at college for most of his life), but I know it was the hardest thing I've had to do, and I can feel your pain. Stay strong, friend! Miss you and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry Jes. I know that must be hard. Maybe some Ben and Jerry's will make you feel better. It works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry,such a hard thing to go through. I am dreading the day when Chrissy, our puppy isn't here with us anymore. They become another special member of the family. Hope things get easier soon. Love ya lots. Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your dog. It's amazing how attached we can get to our pets. (Even when I want to get rid of ours sometimes!) Those are sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post and I loved looking at all the pictures of Putty. I still remember when you got him and brought him over to our apartment to show us, I should find that picture and give it to you if you don't have it. What a great dog and I feel for your pain, It's been a long time since I have had a real pet because the last cat I owned as a child was so traumatic on me when he died. We love ya and wish we could cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry, Jess. Even I liked Putty when I met him long, long ago in your condo in Pleasant Grove. He was a good dog.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had to read this post that Donna keeps telling me makes her cry every time - and I agree. It's just so darn sad! I'm sorry you have to sweep (I hate that too), I'm sorry no one barks when I walk in the door (I don't feel nearly as much love from Kade), and I'm sorry I don't have to clean up any more logs around the house or put the trash cans up when you come visit. Ok - I just had to put something in here that would make you smile. I just love ya but being an animal babysitter is SOOOO much better - trust me. It's like being a grandparent I think, you get to spoil them THEN send them home, yahoo!

    ReplyDelete